Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Organized Bride, A Bride's Best Friend

Latest District Bride Guide Article There are so many  things to buy when planning a wedding. From invitations, bridal party gifts, toasting flutes and everything in between it is so easy to get unorganized and overwhelmed. Lucky for us there is The Organized Bride, which is an adorable one stop shop for all things wedding!

Located in downtown Frederick in Everedy Square,  this fabulous shop greets you with a wonderful staff and all the wedding essentials  to help you in every step of your wedding planning.  From paper goods, bridal party gifts, guest books, favors, toasting flutes and ring bearer pillows you too can become an organized bride!
I interviewed owner Tara Franklin about her delight of a shop.
Katie-What inspired you to open the organized bride ?
Tara-I just moved to the area from New Jersey,  newly engaged and not a clue where to start. The interent provided a great tool for wedding research but I really wanted a place I could go and see and touch everything and more important a person that was knowledgeable with the area that could recommend products and vendors. I couldn’t believe how many different places I had to go to search for the perfect invitaiton, guest book, garter, unity candle, ceremony program…the list goes on and on. I was driving back from one of my more unsuccessful attempts at finding all of the above wedding items when I thought, I am going to open this non-existant little wedding store and provide other brides with a one stop shop for basically everything but the dress. I wanted to carry all of the hard to find items in one place with tons of options in the latest colors to coordinate with the overall theme of the wedding day.
That’s a clever name, how did you come up with it?
I worked for a company whose owner used to say I was the most organized person he knew. Whether I thought it was true or not,  I thought it was such a nice compliment. I guess it stuck with me, who doesn’t want to be thought of as having their “stuff” together. I think planning a wedding is a huge, undertaking that defintiely requires lists, timelines and budgets. The more organized you are the easier the planning will be. I thought The Organized Bride was a good name for our business because you might not be the most organized but you can come to our shop with your list and pretty much take care of all your planning. I think an Organized Bride is a happy bride!
What is your favorite aspect of a wedding?
 Just one? That’s a tough one. I absoltely love everything wedding!!! From the first time a bride steps foot in our shop to finding the perfect invitations and accessories that will make her day even more special. To the final good-bye and good luck just days before the wedding. I feel SO lucky to be a small part in these girls’ big day. I get to work with them on their save the dates when their engagement is new and we talk about their colors and the look and feel they are going for, then on invitatons when things are getting more serious they have started picking vendors, no doubt hit some bumps in the planning road. I get to offer advice and hopefully help them breath a little easier. Then when the day is almost here we get to select the fun litttle personal touches. Programs, Menus, Favors Guest Books, and more. Just days before the wedding I get to give one last excited smile, hug, maybe a little word of encouragement here or there and they are off…cue the crying. I usually shed a little tear as they leave and I always think next seasons’ brides can’t top the great realationships I built with these,  but soon the door opens to a bright eyed newley engaged bride-to-be and I get to do it all over again.
What are some upcoming trends in weddings  ?
Color and Pattern, Color and Pattern, Hip Hip Horray! I think more brides want to add some of their personal style to their wedding day. Bold Vibrant Blue’s and Lime Green’s paired together. Pinks with Aqua, Deep Purple with Burnt Orange, Yellow with everything. As far as style’s, pocket invitations are still wildly popular and our custom fan programs that we print in house are a must have for summer weddings. We shipped them all over the country this wedding season. So exciting!!!

What brands of paper goods do you carry?
 
Carlson Craft, Checkerboard, Marsupial Pouches, Encore Stuidos, Envelopements, Lucky Onion, Pioneer Color, Chloe B by Crane, Designers Fine Press, Oblation, The Happy Enveope, Paper Duvet, Prints Charming, Inviting Company, Doc Milo, M Prints. We attend the National Stationery Show in New York every May and are always looking to add lines that we think will help our customers find the perfect paper for their event!
What is your advice for a bride shopping for various wedding essentials, whether it’s invitations or bridesmaids gifts.
Plan early! The more you can check off your list in the months leading up to the wedding the easier the last few weeks will be. This is especially true for invitaions. Most brides will start looking 7-9 months before the wedding. Since wedding invitations are mailed 2 months before the wedding, it is a good idea to order at least 4-6 months out to ensure plenty of time for proofing, printing, assembling and addressing. Finally the most important advice is HAVE FUN!!! Planning a wedding can be overwhelming but always try to focus on the big picture you are getting married.

Make it a priority to stop by The Organized Bride located at
14 N. East Street, Studio 1
Frederick, Maryland 21701
301.620.9920

http://www.theorganizedbridestore.com/  Like them on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment